Friday, March 2, 2012

Committing to my craft

Hi there,
I am going to be blogging to myself for a while (I can tell!) but you've got to start somewhere & today...
yes! TODAY
is REALLY the start of my blogging career !

I'm going to post a few of the crafty projects I've been working on recently in the hopes that it will inspire me to do some more & maybe even start working towards getting an etsy shop up and running.

I've just finished this scarf/shawl with some purple kid mohair I found in a bargain bucket in Hickeys  in Cork.
My modelling career kicks off in ernest ...
Not too happy about her mothers new fame as a model - the photograher (& camera owner!)  struts her funky stuff

I've wanted to crochet s shawl for a long time - I have a mad notion about a complex pattern for a red shawl that I saw somewhere online but I dont know where it was !

This pattern is called fantasm by Cheri McEwan and was a free ravelry download.
It wasn't too difficult when you got into the pattern and at 2 Euros a ball it was a billy-bargain - costing only 6 Euros in total !  & now ALL I have to do is find something to do with the other 8 balls I couldn't leave behind me in the shop !
The colour fits in so nicely with my bedroom scheme I felt I had to take a photo of it on my bed too..
which I think came out pretty nice....


Oh! I love my bed! Spurred on withe the overwhelming success of my 'home styling' project above I decided to fling my other two larger crochet projects over some other furniture throughout the house.......


Zig-Zag baby blanket pattern from Nicki Trench's book  'Cute and easy Crochet' 


This pattern is also from the book above but sadly I ran out of wool so its more a useless strip than a blanket ! 

So the shawl being ticked off my to-do list I've moved onto bigger things though I've a feeling I'm going to get mightily distracted along the way ...




6 comments:

  1. Gosh, that's just lovely. PLEASE come over to my house and do my interior decoration :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Gingerbread Lady ! (I'm afraid in this case the camera 'does' lie a little as I was flinging all the usual clutter out of frame !!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Zigzag baby blanket is GORGEOUS! I would just love one of those..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh - talented as well as a good rowing organiser! Best wishes on your new blog from Matt (GRR)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments and feedback. I love to hear from readers all over the world & will reply via e-mail as soon as I can!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...